This Week is where I recap all that happened on the blog, my life, and the blogosphere.
On Adrift on Vulcan
- I reviewed The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu, a brutally honest contemporary.
- What things in a synopsis turn me off/on? Find out here!
- I reviewed The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher, yet another mediocre YA mystery.
In My Life
I didn’t post much this week because it’s been crazy busy for me! That’s also the reason why I haven’t been returning or replying to comments much — sorry about that. A bunch of some very close friends of mine left to return back to Australia, so we spent much of the week hanging out together before they left. Thank God for the internet. I’m going to sound like such a loner, but the internet is probably the best invention in all of history.
On a different note, my IGCSE results will also be releasing in about a month’s time! I’m so excited and nervous at the same time, because I’m pretty sure I did only averagely, which is totally unacceptable. This is one exam I really put a lot of time and effort into, so I want to do well so badly. And some days I feel like curling up into a ball and pretending the world outside doesn’t exist, so I don’t have to deal with disappointment.
Sigh, how do you guys do it? How do you deal with life and manage to blog and hang around the blogosphere so well? I NEED YOUR SECRETS.
- Bekka @ Great Imaginations asks if blogging restricts our reading habits.
- Charlotte @ Gypsy Reviews gives a piece of her mind on the recent bannings of certain books in Singapore.
- Emily @ Reverie Rhapsody discusses pseudonyms, and also reveals her real last name!
- Celine @ Nyx Book Reviews talks about the sport of quidditch for Harry Potter month.
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence introduces a new feature called Read Play Blog — combining both reading and gaming.
- Shannelle @ The Art of Escapism gives her thoughts on the more popular blogs around town.
- Find out Deadly Darlings’ new members!
- Asti @ Oh, the Books! gives her thoughts on bookstagramming.
- Kelley @ Oh, the Books! gives some tips on going into books blind.
- Kelley has also created a fun quiz on whether you’re cut out to be a Walker from Dissonance!
- Jordin stops by Oh, the Books wants to know how much we like serial endings.
- Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity shares with us the plot of her first novel!
- Charlotte @ Thoughts and Pens shares with us her return-to-blogging resolution.
- Allie @ Little Birdy Books talks about when the hype of a book deceives us.
- Laura @ Laura Plus Books admits that she cannot DNF books.
- Ashley @ Nose Graze shares 6 things she loves about graduating college.
- Ashley also explains how to organize review pages, what to write in follow-up emails to publishers, and more! (Is she the most helpful blogger around, or what?!)
- Faye and Amir @ The Social Potato compare Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon Crystal in their potato podcast!
- Lina @ Every Book A World gives us advice on how to be more sociable while reading!
- Kelly @ Effortlessly Reading talks about when you just aren’t patient enough to do something you want to do.
- Sandra @ Tea Between Books lists down 22 things she’s realized lately.
- Mitchii @ The Aeropapers shares some interesting facts about her blog stats.
- Jaime @ The Perpetual Page-Turner discusses several very bookworm-ish problems.
- Ashley @ Lovely Literature wants to know what your blogging routine is?
So how exactly do you cope with both life and blogging? Do you have any tips?