This Week is where I recap all that happened on the blog, my life, and the blogosphere.
On Adrift on Vulcan
- The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco was one of the best YA horrors I’ve ever read — my review!
- I listed down the top ten characters I’d like on a deserted island with me.
- I complained how I want more sad endings than happy endings in books.
- Una LaMarche, author of Like No Other, dropped by for an interview + awesome giveaway!
In My Life
Okay, I admit it.
I am officially in a reading slump.
I totally blame all those on-the-fence books. Totally. I finished The Hit by Melvin Burgess a couple of days ago (it was bad, bad, bad) and now I can’t bring myself to start on another of my overdue ARCs because it’s probably going to be another and boring and tiring experience for me. And, okay, maybe Lesley had something to do with this… because I’m currently hooked on Pandora Hearts and can’t stop reading it! And did I mention I’m becoming a pro at reading from right to left?! I am.
This reading slump most likely means that I’m not going to blog as often either, because with trying to reading PH and keeping up with school, I have less time than usual. :(
I also finally got the chance to watch Divergent on Friday, which I’d been wanting to watch but never found the time (or the friends, booo) to go to the theater. My thoughts? Did they just cram two and a half books into one two-hour plus movie? They made quite a few changes, too, which I’m not sure were necessary. But Theo James was perfect as Four, and the chemistry between him and Shailene was so good. I couldn’t stop giggling.
Most likely a 6.5 – 7 / 10.
- Mel @ The Daily Prophecy talks about spoilers in comments.
- Larissa @ YA Midnight Reads gives some tips on how to become a bestselling YA author. (SO TRUE, GUYS)
- Shannelle @ The Art of Escapism confesses that the Philippines is a cheap books heaven.
- Lina @ Every Book A World lists down several reasons for love triangles.
- Asti @ Oh, the Books! asks: do you really know me?
- Kelley @ Oh, the Books! explores tarot in Samantha Shannon’s The Bone Season.
- Leanne @ Oh, the Books! draws a parallel between Ready Player One and her life.
- The girls @ Oh, the Books! also share their guide to the steampunk genre.
- Becky @ A Fool’s Ingenuity wants to know if reading too much is a bad thing. [Oh, the Books! guest post]
- Aimee @ Deadly Darlings discusses how negative reviews affect her to-read list.
- Rashika, Faye, Aimee & Larissa discusses the art of commenting for this week’s Potato Podcast @ The Social Potato.
- Faye @ The Social Potato also records her reactions while reading Chapter 1 of Fifty Shades of Grey.
- Faye also goes deep by asking: would you sacrifice a loved one for the greater good?
- Lina @ Bibliophilic Geek gives us her top 10 recommendations for classics newbies.
- Anne @ Lovely Literature wants to know if predictability makes us lose interest in a book.
- Cait @ Notebook Sisters talks about short comments — are they okay?
- Tabitha @ Not Yet Read explores what is acceptable to do with ARCs.
- Laura @ Laura Plus Books lists down her top 5 secretly DNF’d books.
- Laura also discusses how certain topics tend to be rediscussed among blogs as the blogosphere grows.
- Cayce @ Fighting Dreamer created a cool YA Quiltbag Rainbow!
- Rosie @ Rosie Reads wants to know if our reading habits have changed after book blogging.
- Sarah @ Smitten With Books gives to us her top 5 favorite animes!
- Hazel @ Stay Bookish needs your help! Vote for her in the Big Blog Exchange Program.
What do you do to get out of reading slumps?
(‘Cause I kinda need your help here…)